If you could belt out any song you wanted what song would it be? And what would it reveal about you?
We all have secrets, every single one of us whether we like to admit it or not. That’s just how people are. We are scared to show the world the things we’re afraid of. We are afraid of not being accepted or being “strange.” It’s really hard for us as people to fight the things we’re afraid of.
You see, some of us are outgoing, and some of us or not. But regardless, we all hide little bits of ourselves because we are simply scared. The important thing is that we overcome that fear. We have no reason to be scared, its just life.
Fear is defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. Its kind of like having a monster under the bed, fear is fueled by what might be. Not by what really is. Why do we worry so much about what could be? Why do we worry at all?
The LORD is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
I don’t know about you, but that calms my fears.
Here’s five ways to let go, live, and be fearless:
1. Just breathe-it’s simple. Inhale, exhale, and repeat.
2. Love- hate will get you every time. Always love.
3. Forgive- life is too short, what’s done is done. Move on.
4. Take life one step at the time-quit planning. All we have is this moment right now. There is no better moment to overcome your fear and accomplish your goals than right now.
5. Smile- happiness is free, and contagious so why not spread it.
“Very little is needed to make a happy life. It is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius